I awoke early in the morning to the smell of moisture in the air. The barometric pressure had DEFINITELY changed! But, alas, looking outside, I didn't see ANY clouds. Nothing. Nada. And, it was definitely a LOT colder this morning!
I was out the door by 7:40 a.m. (before hubby left for work), and up the mountain I went. Right after Vista Point, I spotted a whole herd of bighorns off to the east, right off the road. Cars were whizzing by and even a HUGE 18 wheeler truck lumbered by. For a couple of seconds, it appeared the ram might lead the herd down to the road, but they turned the other way. Phew! I was holding my breath, watching them! They continued their grazing and walking and soon he headed up and over the nearest hill and they were gone.
Be careful, beautiful ones!
One of my favorite vacations was with my husband. We drove the Cascade Loop during apple season....oh my! On part of our trip we saw some big horns and two rams were butting heads. That is the first time we saw anything like that in person....it was amazing, and LOUD! They are so beautiful! One of the best things about our trip was no plans other than the flight and rental car. We packed everything in our backpacks and hit the road. Loved it, and the big horns were a big bonus for us. :-)
ReplyDelete