COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, November 25, 2014

We had some excitement here yesterday!

About 4 blocks from our home is a hill with a trail on it called "The Bump & Grind".  Every morning, during the season, I can see hikers going up and down on it.  It is fairly steep and I've never attempted it.  Sometimes, even at night, we see flashlights on it.  I don't know WHY people would want to use it at night as it is not lit and there are rattlesnakes...sigh...but, to each his own!

Anyway, whenever we hear a helicopter nearby, I run out with my camera to see what's going on.  It usually involves a rescue of a hiker on the trail.  And, yesterday was another example of this.  Sometimes a hiker slips and injures an ankle, or sometimes one of them just can't handle the trail.

So, off I went, camera in hand, down to the end of our street.  I couldn't see anybody on the ground, but the rescuers showed up on the photos.  It took the helicopter several passes before it could get lined up properly to assist with the rescue.  There is NO place for it to land up there.




There was only 1 small story on the local news about rescuing a hiker, so I really don't know what happened.  The whole rescue took about 45 minutes.

1 comment:

  1. I hope the hiker was OK, that is something to see. Great photos. Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete