COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, November 15, 2014

Saturday weekly leftovers

I know of a couple of other bloggers who do this too...one day, either Saturday or Sunday, they'll post their "leftover" photos from the previous week.  I can do this when I have a Saturday or Sunday to go take photos, which doesn't happen every weekend!   :-(

But, last weekend, I took a LONG drive up Highway 74, through Pinyon, and on to Garner Valley and Lake Hemet.  I'm thinking about doing the same thing today as I do see a few clouds (it is 6:15 a.m.)

Who knows?

I had a hard week last week.  First, I had to get ALL my grades put into my electronic gradebook.  Fortunately, the kids went to a Friday afternoon movie and I had nearly 2 HOURS to work on that at school.  Good thing, because I got stuck at one point!  But, the good news is that I'm DONE and I can now enjoy my weekend.

The second thing is that I put down my 8 year old German Shepherd, Lady.  I inherited her 2 years ago from a colleague who really didn't want her...too big...too much hair...too whiney...So, I took in Lady.  She was well bred and had excellent manners.  I never heard her growl at anyone. She really lived up to her name.  BUT...she was going blind and her hearing was pretty much gone, too.  She would get stuck in a corner in the house and not know where to go.  She would bump into furniture.  I know she could smell me and follow me, but she couldn't hear me when I called her.  Her legs were fine, however.  My horse vet was down here one afternoon and gave me a call that she could come by and put her down at our desert house.  I had emailed her during the last week and mentioned that it was time, in my view, to put Lady down.  She examined her and agreed.  So, now there is a quietness in the house.  We still have Ripley, our black lab, and she's following me around now that she is the sole focus of my doggy attention, but it still leaves a hole in my heart knowing that Lady is gone.  Hubby put his foot down and said, "NO MORE DOGS!" , but we'll see...Ripley's only 7 and she is in good shape, so she'll be around for several more years (I hope...)

So, it was a long, hard week.  I'm ready for the weekend.  Here are a few of my leftover photos.
 Doves having their breakfast in our front yard.
 My 17 year old cat sleeping in his "sun nap" spot which, yes, is directly behind the birds!  He was totally oblivious to them!
 All 7 of the bighorns I spotted last Tuesday.
 I love it when fog clings to the mountains!
 Pretty fall colors up in Garner Valley.
 More pretty colors!
 The fog hadn't lifted yet from over by Lake Hemet.
At this point, the fog was burning off.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear of your loss. You gave her a loving home and she loved you for that...:) JP

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Lady. You gave her a great couple of years which she would not have had otherwise. It's harder on you than it is for her right now.

    ReplyDelete