After working about 10 days straight, hubby stayed home yesterday...FINALLY! Poor guy. He's nearly 65 and long days and nights are really hard on him, especially when he comes home and then has to go back to write a newsletter at 11:00 p.m. or midnight!
So, he wanted to drive out to Desert Hot Springs and try the Capri restaurant, which is now inside a hotel. He ordered a steak and gorgonzola fries and I ordered the chicken quesadilla. Don't bother with the quesadilla. It was tasteless. He did like his steak and the fries were OUT OF THIS WORLD!
After lunch, we decided to head out to the Big Morongo Preserve. The Whitewater Preserve is closed this weekend due to the extreme winds and fire danger, but the Big Morongo was open. We went for a short hike. The colors there were gorgeous.
Unfortunately my quesadilla wasn't sitting well in my stomach, so we cut our hike short and went home and I slept for 2 hours! Oh, well...such is life now that we are 62 and 64, respectively. Hubby will be 65 in February and I'll be 63. We just aren't as young and spry as we used to be, plus Friday night was his last night of having to return to work at 10:30 p.m.
I'm glad to see your post about the Big Morongo Preserve. I've never been there, now I'm going for sure.
ReplyDelete