I enjoy just staying at home, looking out my window at my front garden. I have sunflowers, blue penstamon, black-eyed Susans, and tithonia. I have mint growing and some kind of blue flowered shrub. The mockingbird family comes daily for their breakfast, lunch, and dinner of mealworms. Hummingbirds come all day, but mostly in the early morning and late afternoon. We even had a cottontail in the yard one morning!!! Butterflies come and go now. I have 3 bowls of water out front and the first stop to get a drink, as well as a meal at the feeders. I noticed yesterday that the little male feral cat ("Little Man") came from next door, ate his dinner, wandered out front, and was pestered by one of the mockingbirds! He ran across the street and hid under one of their parked cars! Big baby!
It's not quite as exciting out back, but his sister shows up every now and then and catches a bird. I find feathers in the back yard all the time. She doesn't like people and pretty much stays hidden. I have a horse just like her (Gigondas, my big red thoroughbred mare). Gigo, as we call her, really could care less about people, unless you are going to feed her. Then she squeals for her meal! She doesn't like or appreciate strangers and even wasn't interested in the grandkids on Monday. Nope. She'd rather have another meal. Quad, on the other hand, LOVES everybody! He will be the horse that they get to ride! The grandkids followed us to the horse ranch and both got to meet the horses on Monday afternoon. We were heading home from Temecula. It is only a 40 minute drive from their house.
Gigondas wasn't interested in the visitors. Nope!
Quad was! He came right over, after inspecting his food bin, and wanted some loving!
Sunni has always like our son, Hal. They are buddies.
The baby was very interested in the horses!
Scout was interested in the visitors! She is my mustang from Wyoming.
Looking at the horses.
Scout and me.
Looking at Sunni.
It was a good visit. I'm glad the kids and horses had some time together!
Oh so nice to have the retired time to spend doing what you want, when and with whom. I am a little bit jealous.
ReplyDelete