Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Clouds and road


For some reason, there was very little traffic going up Deep Canyon over the weekend.  Just me and the clouds and a few vehicles.  I like the top photo. This guy was just humming along!  We are DONE, for now, with our monsoon clouds and are back to having dry heat.  I can't wait for the weekend...3 days off school!  Whoo, whoo!  I'll be like my kids last Friday...the door opened at 3:00 p.m. and they ALL ran out!  I'll be running out this Friday!  I'm SO ready for a long weekend!  Temps are "dropping" here...from 114 down to about 109 or 108 over the weekend!

4 comments:

  1. OMG, it's not fall already is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like your monsoonal flow and ours' stopped at the same time - funny, since we are opposite sides of the desert SW region! Feels dry and cool here now, as I am not far removed in elevation and climate from your shots higher up. Nice clouds and highway scenes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was thinking the exact same thing - humidity back to normal dryness, temps in the high 40s/low 50s at night, highs in the 80s.... I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow....a cold front moving in, eh? Just in the nick 'o time I'd say. Whew....114? Holy cow. LOVE your cloud shots, as always!

    ReplyDelete