Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Thunderhead~SOOC Sunday~082811

I noticed just a couple of thunderheads when I was up at the horse ranch yesterday.  Just two peeking over the mountains nearby...By the time I was driving down the mountain, from the ranch to the desert, through the pinyon forest, more had developed.  NOBODY was on the road, so I was able (for once) to stop and take photos mid-road.  I sometimes do that if there is no traffic and I have my camera right beside me.  It was so quiet yesterday (I'm not sure why...) that I was able to get photos in places that I normally just zip by (like this one).  By the time I got to the desert, the sky was clouding up and we had a thunderstorm by 11:30 a.m., which is very early in the day for us.  No rain, just a lot of thunder.  SOOC Sunday for August 28, 2011.  To see other participants, please go to:  http://www.murrieta365.com/

3 comments:

  1. the white against those rocks is wonderful...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice shot. I too sometimes stop in the road for photos plus a lot of drive bys. Just be careful please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love, love, love thunderheads. You are so fortunate to be able to see so much sky and cloud formations. Love your photos and blog!!!

    ReplyDelete