Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014

Bighorn sheep on Highway 74 October 2014
This big guy crossed the highway, October 2014.

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Sunrise this morning


Hubby woke me up at 4:40 a.m. today.  Now, hubby isn't a morning person.  He's quite the opposite.  He'll stay up until midnight and then wake up at 9 a.m....Now, I AM a morning person, but I was snoring still asleep at 4:40, blistfully unaware of what was going on outside our hotel.  A THUNDERSTORM!  Yes!  With lightning, rain, and thunder. So, of course, we both had to sit and watch it.  BOOM!  CRACK! FLASH!  It went on for over an hour, then headed west toward the California border.  And, we got some nice rain.  So, I headed out with my camera as soon as it got light.  Here are some pics of what I saw this morning.  Don't you just love a nice, refreshing rain???? I'm not sure where we are headed today...maybe out to McDowell Mountain to see the old ruins there???

4 comments:

  1. beautiful! we actually got some extremely-needed rain this morning! not much, but some is a whole lot better than none that we've had for months!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning pictures...thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just beautiful! I enlarged them all!

    ReplyDelete