Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Salt River~Scenic Sunday~081411



I got to use hubby's Canon camera yesterday!  He bought a new Canon EOS 7D, so he let me use his "old" one, a Canon EOS Rebel T2i.  Now, my first digital camera was a Canon "point and shoot" and I used that camera for about 6 years.  It went EVERYWHERE with me.  There's something about the Canon sensors which are different from those in Nikons.  The colors seem more true.  So, off we went to the Salt River, from the Bush Highway.  Yes, that's hubby in the middle photo!  Hehehehehe!  I always try to sneak in a few photos of him.  It was late afternoon and thunderheads were over Globe, Arizona.  By the time we stopped at AJ's to pick up dinner, there was a huge thunderstorm over that area.  I'm heading out for my morning walk with the Canon this morning.  It is a whole new mind-set and adjustment for me to be back using a Canon, so I'll have to get used to it! I still have my Nikon and hubby gave me his old D60, so now I have the two Nikons and a Canon.  Scenic Sunday for August 14, 2011.  To visit Scenic Sunday, please go to:  http://scenicsunday.blogspot.com/

4 comments:

  1. gorgeous tones in these photos. soft and yet powerful. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't get too weighted down with all those cameras around your neck! Lovely shots.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty area and river scene. Beautiful photos, happy Scenic Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your header is fantastic! Salt River looks deep.
    Rosie

    ReplyDelete