Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Friday, August 5, 2011

Flamingos for Fabulous Friday~080511


You know, I spend so much time up in the mountains, that I forget I actually do go to other places!  So, instead of posting more dark and dreary photos today, I decided to add some color for Fabulous Friday!  These flamingos are at the Desert Springs Marriott in Palm Desert.  This is a favorite spot for many local photographers.  I do my morning walks across the street at the city golf course, Desert Willow.  But, I'm always drawn to the birds and the beautiful palms that line their driveway across the street.  So, enjoy the color.  Did you know that flamingos have to be fed a special diet to get their beautiful, pink color?  That's one of the three babies in the bottom photo, standing on one leg.  There were 3 chicks last spring and they all survived.  Fabulous Friday for August 5, 2011.  To visit Fabulous Friday, please go to:  http://mcdougallphotography.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Wow! Flamingos at a Marriot. How cool!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice photos. That looks like a relaxing place to stroll and take some good pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love flamingos! I've seen them only a few times and they are just so beautiful. Wonderful shot! I saw you shoot with a D40X...me too and I love it! Just got a new prime lens for it and I can't put the thing down! :o)

    ReplyDelete