Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Sunday, August 26, 2012

GUESS WHO I found the other day?

After school (yes...sigh...school has started already) one day last week, I decided to stop at Dollar Tree and buy some autumn decorations for my classroom.  As I pulled in, I saw a gray shape...COULD IT BE?  Could it be MY ex-Toyota RAV4?  My heart went pitter-patter!  My daughter said she had spotted it in the parking lot at Target, over by her house, one day.  THERE SHE WAS!  My RAV4 (ex...sigh...)  And, it was HER!  Actually, she was my son's car.  He bought her, drove her around, but then purchased a new one (with an automatic transmission). He didn't want to sell her at that time, so I drove her around for a couple of years, until I purchased my Honda CRV and hubby purchased his Nissan XTerra.  This one has a stick shift and 4 wheel drive!  I drove her up and down the mountain roads, and even the road partway up to Santa Rosa mountain one day!  She took me up the Tripp Flats Road, the Santa Rosa mountain road, and even down the skinny road next to my favorite dead tree!  She went EVERYWHERE I asked her to go.  Unfortunately, an indicator light came on and NO mechanic here in the valley could fix it...something about the exhaust system, and we couldn't get her registered without a smog check and she wouldn't pass a smog check!   Finally, in desperation, our son ordered a part online, installed it, and then fixed the problem himself.  BUT, he also sold her for $2,900.00.  We didn't need her because hubby had his Nissan XTERRA, so she was sold.  But, it turns out, she's still in the area!  And, she's CLEAN!  I was so happy to see her!  I almost left a note on the windshield, but maybe I'll do that again next time I see her.  I think her owner works in that mini-mall, so I should be able to find her again sometime!  Isn't she beautiful?  I LOVED that little car!

3 comments:

  1. Hi, Nice post thanks for sharing. Would you please consider adding a link to my website on your page. Please email me back.

    Thanks!

    Joel
    JHouston791@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. So now that you've found her, you'll never let her go...right?...:)JP and yes CT...not in Fairfield County..in the NE Corner (aka The Quiet Corner)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nope...she belongs to somebody else now.

    ReplyDelete