I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Friday, August 31, 2012
Looking up Highway 74
We set a new record for rain yesterday afternoon! Palm Springs had .60 inch of rain, shattering a 1910 record. That's over 100 years! I drove over to the library to return some books and I was intrigued by the clouds hovering along the Santa Rosa mountains, so I took a short drive up to the bottom of Highway 74. I couldn't get a good angle on the clouds and I was nearly out of gas, but I did get this photo. More thunderstorms are forecast for today and the weekend.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
For entertainment last night here nine hours ahead of you there I watched all the radar images. It was incredible how rapidly everything developed so quickly and with complete coverage.
ReplyDelete-
I certainly wish some of that rain would fall over here.
ReplyDelete