Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Friday, August 31, 2012

Looking up Highway 74

We set a new record for rain yesterday afternoon!  Palm Springs had .60 inch of rain, shattering a 1910 record.  That's over 100 years!  I drove over to the library to return some books and I was intrigued by the clouds hovering along the Santa Rosa mountains, so I took a short drive up to the bottom of Highway 74.  I couldn't get a good angle on the clouds and I was nearly out of gas, but I did get this photo.  More thunderstorms are forecast for today and the weekend.

2 comments:

  1. For entertainment last night here nine hours ahead of you there I watched all the radar images. It was incredible how rapidly everything developed so quickly and with complete coverage.


    -

    ReplyDelete
  2. I certainly wish some of that rain would fall over here.

    ReplyDelete