Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14

Bighorn sheep herd 05/26/14
There were about a dozen bighorn sheep this date 052614 up on Highway 74, above Palm Desert, CA, and right above Deep Canyon.

Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Our last morning in the Sierra




Of course, on our last morning in the Sierra Nevada, it was a beautiful morning and I woke up early...sigh...I walked out to the main road and looked back at this mountain.  I don't know the name of it.  It is on the back side of the June Lake loop road.  The ground was so saturated with water that my feet went "squish, squish" as I was walking!  We don't get that here in the desert!  Here, the water is absorbed OR it floods!  We enjoyed our week in the Sierra Nevada, but now it is back to work so that we may return next summer.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful morning glow on the Sierras.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What beautiful light! You've had yourself a great trip!

    ReplyDelete