COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, April 22, 2013

Spring at the ranch~Our World Tuesday~042213

Spring has blossomed up at the ranch where I board my horses.  They are all shedding their winter coats and all I have to do is just touch them and gobs of hair comes off in my hands.  Two weeks ago I took the curry comb and groomed every single one of them.  I couldn't believe how much hair came off!  Well, they need it again!  I hope the birds come and get all that hair for their nests!  Here's a photo from last Saturday up at the ranch.  The desert is heating up.  We are having days in the mid-90's, but up at the ranch, it's in the mid 70's.  That's quite a difference!  Our World Tuesday for April 22, 2013.

6 comments:

  1. I didn't realize horses shed so much hair. Happy Spring and Happy Earth Day to you! I'm visiting from Our World Tuesday. Drop by and pay me a visit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gosh, 90 degrees is pretty darn hot for spring! That's a lovely scene.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You could always save the hair for stuffing horsehair mattresses or upholstering chairs. Horsehair makes the most comfortable dining chair seat stuffing. they are resilient and gentle to sit on for those protracted, long dinner parties. Don't the horses look lovely once you have given them a thorough 'once over'?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am glad to see spring come! It is neat if the birds use the horses hair for their nest. I have seen them take my dogs hair. Wishing you a happy week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks beautiful!! Boom & Gary of the Vermilon River, Canada.

    ReplyDelete