So, yesterday hubby asked me, "Would you rather spend the night in Phoenix or Flagstaff?" Well, DUH! Flagstaff, especially since there were rain storms and thunderstorms all around that area yesterday. So, off we went. Yes, we ARE like that! While I'm glad we drove to Flagstaff and had a late lunch at Brandy's, it will be a LONG drive home today. We also drove out to Williams to our favorite store and bought a couple of items for our daughter and granddaughter. Then, we took the Flagstaff Scenic Drive home, up through the aspen. I spotted a herd of elk by the side of the road, in the same exact spot we found them a couple of years ago during another trip to Flagstaff. Must be good eatings there! This road goes up through the aspen to the Nordic Training Center of Flagstaff. It was COLD up there yesterday and both hubby and I were wearing SHORTS! ACK! Not the proper attire for alpine environments! But, I'm glad we made this detour as we both love Flagstaff and its surrounding areas. Home today.
No comments:
Post a Comment