We're up on the Mogollon Rim in eastern Arizona for a couple of days. Yesterday we could see thunderheads building up over the Rim. It's like the Grand Canyon..did the rim create the cloud conditions? It seems that every afternoon thunderstorms develop during the month of August, which is why we enjoy driving over to it. And, yesterday didn't disappoint. The clouds gathered and thickened and darkened and BOOM! The thunder started. We were, fortunately, checked into our cabin, but I had to drive to Heber to buy groceries for dinner. It was raining so much that I literally could NOT see the road! And, I screamed a couple of times after loud claps of thunder! Man, it was LOUD!!! We ended up eating grilled cheese sandwiches because the only food store up there was...well...rather disappointing! It was nice, however, to have a hot sandwich and listen to the thunder. Oh, and it HAILED while I was driving to the store. Hubby got some photos on his smart phone. It rained on and off all night and this morning there are huge puddles everywhere. In fact, a couple of crows showed up and were drinking out of one of them right out back. Down the wash a ways is a field (national forest) FULL of beautiful black-eyed Susans or wild sunflowers (I can't determine what they are...) I'll be spending a lot of time out by the wild flowers because they are so beautiful! We're rented a cabin up here and it is completely furnished and it has Direct TV, so we can watch our shows at night! :-) Here are some pics from yesterday.
Wow! Those are some big beautiful skies. Your photos and narrative are great.
ReplyDelete