I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Tuesday, August 6, 2013
Me on a horse~riding!!!
This is only the 2nd time I've written Lucille and the 5th time I've been on a horse since my fall back in 2009. I inherited Lucille, a 1/2 draft, 1/2 Tennessee Walker, after the other boarder at the ranch got 6 months behind in her board. She rode her all over town, trying to sell her, and this poor mare was out of shape! She's slowly been reconditioned back into shape, and lunged, and she's PERFECT for me to ride. She doesn't walk off and she likes to just walk! She is gaited, however, and I'm sure I'll get to that when I'm a little more comfortable on her. She's VERY high off the ground and I have to use a mounting block to get on her. I wore my tennis shoes today (a big "no-no") because my boots were so slippery that my feet kept sliding out of the stirrups last week. Hmmm...I'm going to need to find some riding boots! Anyway, she was a good girl even when I got her too close to the railing and hit it with my foot! She only slighted spooked and then she calmed right back down. She trusts people and is super willing to do whatever you ask. I'm so fortunate that I now have a riding horse! ***Actually, she came trained! Her former owner used to ride her all over the ranch. Apparently she doesn't do well out on the road, but she is great in the arena!*** It's nice to finally have a horse I can ride!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
I am so happy for you! I have long given up any dream of having a horse but I did go on a trail ride with my daughter at Christmastime! She looks beautiful and you sit her well!
ReplyDeleteWow, so you finally got on one after all those months of training horse photos ? *smile*
ReplyDeleteThere's nothing like riding horses!
ReplyDeleteThis horse was already ridden and trained. I got her after her own basically abandoned her due to personal problems. She is a wonderful mare and I dearly love her!
ReplyDeleteI'm happy for both you and Lucille! I haven't ridden for years...
ReplyDelete