COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, August 19, 2013

First views of the Rim

It had been two summers since hubby and I had last been up on the Rim.  And, you know, we both missed it.  There's something about that high, lonely place that calls to us.  Maybe it is the fact that there aren't many people up there?  I mean, both Heber and Overgaard are small towns.  Hubby is from a small town in Pennsylvania (Meadville, in western PA) and I was raised in a relatively small suburb of Los Angeles (Arcadia).  We just like getting up there and settling into a cabin and, well, enjoying the peace and quiet.  I enjoy watching the squirrels and the local wildlife and hubby enjoys just doing nothing!  :-)

Anyway, these are some of the first views of the Rim and its treasures that we saw last week.  It's a world very different from our desert one.








1 comment:

  1. It's absolutely beautiful! I can only imagine the peace of mind you must have, after spending time there. I really enjoy reading your blog and looking at your pictures.
    /Maria

    http://discoveringranchlife.com

    ReplyDelete