COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, August 16, 2013

Homeward bound

We are leaving our Rim cabin today and driving home.  I hate to leave.  We had another rain storm yesterday afternoon.  The wind came up and the rain came onto the porch sideways!  It lasted for about an hour and then I could see blue sky peaking through, so about 4 p.m. hubby and I went for a drive.  This time we went toward Forest Lakes, to Woods Lake and then Canyon Lake and the General Crook Trail.  The trail is interesting because from there, you can look out all over the southeast portion of the rim, toward Payson.  And, yes, General Crook used this trail during his pursuit of Geronimo.  It's at a higher elevation than the lands below and offers a huge, expansive view of the rim country below.  It just seems to go on forever and forever...



2 comments:

  1. Beautiful photos! Sounds like a lot of weather there. You went to the General Crook Trail, is that also called the Zane Grey trail, or road, or something like that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like driving the GC trail. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete