I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Sunday, October 13, 2013
Mountain landscapes~Sunday Stills Challenge~101313
I love living in the desert so close to our local mountains. It's only a 10-15 minute drive from the desert floor to the pinyon forest above us. And, the environment is so different up there! To be able to drive from our house, at 200 feet above sea level to about 3500 feet above sea level is a real drastic change. I drive from desert flora and fauna to pinyon forest flora and fauna. I especially LOVE the moods and changes in the mountains! Sunday Stills Challenge for October 13, 2013. Second photo from bottom is looking down into the desert. To visit SSC, please go to: http://sundaystills.wordpress.com/
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
These are beautiful shots. What an amazing sky! Looks like some light rain in that last shot.
ReplyDeleteYou are fortunate to live so close to the varied landscapes. Love the tablecloth clouds.
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean - i love the mountains - and there are times i find the high desert beautiful especially in winter. I use to love heat, not so much though anymore. Soon we will be living in Crestline - making the move from Wrightwood to Crestline.
ReplyDelete