COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, October 18, 2013

Random 5 Friday~101813

First, I'm GLAD it's Friday.  I have a sore throat, so I'm taking the day off work, away from my 29 "germ factories" (i.e. students!)

Second, I'm now TIRED of our endless sunny days.  I want a day with CLOUDS!  I mean, how many days can you put up with when it's day after day of sunshine?  It gets boring after a while.  I can't wait for the clouds to spill over the mountains...maybe next week.

Third, I'm so looking forward to a weekend!  It has been a long week.  And, last week was long, too.

Fourth, I'm glad our national parks and the Santa Rosa mountains visitor center are open again!  YEAH! And that people are back to work at their jobs.

Fifth, hubby made pasta last night with lots of garlic and spicy Italian sausages.  Yummmmmmmmm!!!!  Thank you, honey, for that (he doesn't even read this blog!)

So, that's my Random 5 for Friday, October 18, 2013.  Now, you about you?  Photo shows the horse ranch last weekend.  To visit Random 5 Friday, please go to this link:  http://www.aruraljournal.com/ 
NOTE:  No, sorry, I do NOT rent out my husband...He does, however, cook for the entire family.  We are all ready for his baked ziti and homemade chili, now that it is getting colder here!  :-)  Cooking is his way to destress.  Mine is to grab my camera and head for the mountains!

10 comments:

  1. Lucky you with a husband who cooks - sounds like a yummy dinner. I'm glad it's Friday too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry you are under the weather Cheryl -- maybe more pasta is in order! :)

    And I'll send you some Nebraska clouds, k?

    Thanks for sharing your randoms this week. Very much appreciated!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do hope your throat feels better and you want clouds I will send you some:) I am happy your parks are open that is wonderful for all who work there that was sad.
    Enjoy your weekend and love a man that can cook food like that. B

    ReplyDelete
  4. enjoy your weekend and take care of your sore throat (i giggled at your 29 germ factories -- but isn't that the truth!!!). does your husband rent out? !!! sounds delicious. have a lovely week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. After days and days of nothing but clouds I would like to suggest that perhaps the two of us change locations. I'll come stay at your house for awhile and you can come to mine. I'd love a little sunshine!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, it's Friday, I am happy about that too! Hope you aren't coming down with a nasty virus!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry to hear you aren't feeling well. - I hope it goes away quickly. How awesome that your hubby cooks for your family. The dishes sound so yummy.
    We've had cloudy days and right now perfect fall weather. Nothing about 65 which has made for lovely leaf displays.
    PS I'm glad it's Friday too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. visiting via A Rural Journal and hope you feel better quickly. I bet it smells Wonderful where you live!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Clear skies in Yarnell too makes for boring sunsets. Be well.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! That sounds so tasty!
    I know what you mean about clouds. We've been in your neck of the woods for a couple of weeks and I haven't seen a single one. Wait, that isn't true, I did see one. We've spent a few full days in Joshua Tree NP (so happy that it's open again) and I was really hoping for some clouds. They really dress up a photo. Didn't see a single one there.

    ReplyDelete