I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, October 17, 2013
Open again~thankfully!
The Pinyon Flats campground should now be open again. Yippie! I really missed driving through it and stopping to take photos! I also noticed that the Santa Rosa mountain visitor center, too, has been shut down for the last 10 days and it will be open again today! THANK GOODNESS! I mean, what kind of IDIOTS would close down things which belong to "We, the PEOPLE..."? The businesses around Joshua Tree National Park were really hurt by the government shutdown and it, too, will reopen~Saw two RV's in the parking lot of WalMart last night. And, as our Canadian friends like Al & Kelly will begin returning to the southwest, I am glad that parks are now going to reopen. Have a safe trip!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Yep, batten down the hatches. Heeeere we come:))
ReplyDeleteSo glad public lands are accessible again.
ReplyDeleteHooray! Joshua Tree NP is open and running! Portions of it are still close though, because of the storm damage from a while back. The north entrance (by 29 Palms) and several miles of the road in the park from there will be closed for couple months. A lot of it were destroyed. The south gate by Cottonwood is open, but there is some damage down there as well. Most of it is open for business.
ReplyDelete