I dedicate this blog to my father, who first put a camera in my hands when I was 12 and who took me to many of the places that I love today.
COPYRIGHT
Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.
Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more
Thursday, December 26, 2013
An unexpected Christmas present
We're actually doing our Christmas present exchange on New Year's Day because our daughter and her family are up in Northern California and won't be back until then...We did, however, have Christmas dinner with our son and his family yesterday. Or rather, they all did...I had...FOOD POISONING! Yes! Can you believe it? We had a wonderful breakfast of bacon, French toast, and potatoes, then sat down to watch either Homeland or The Newsroom (I ran back and forth between the two shows, since I've seen all of both of them...) I made a green smoothie in the afternoon~almond milk, organic carrot juice, Green Goddess juice, fresh cilantro, fresh parsley, some ginger, and a protein mix....Hmmmm.....SOMETHING in there was contaminated (I'm thinking either the cilantro or the parsley)...So, about 2 hours later...well, you know the story...I was in pain, shaking, vomiting, clammy...And, this went on regularly for another 2 hours. Needless to say, I missed out on the dinner. Hubby and I ended up spending the night at our son's house, but I am fine this morning (THANK GOODNESS!)...Our dogs missed us and I'm getting an earful from Abby, our indoor cat!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
That is an unexpected Christmas gift that nobody wants! I got a different gift, but one if equally unwanted. I got the flu! I started feeling it the morning of Christmas eve. I just woke up about a half hour ago after about a 18 hour snooze fest.
ReplyDeleteGlad you are feeling better.
Dang, what a lousy Christmas gift. Glad it's gone.
ReplyDelete