The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Monday, December 16, 2013

Ranger station "cabin" ~~Whimsical Windows, Delirious Doors~121613

So, hubby was off yesterday and wanted to drive somewhere....hmmmm...I'm still NOT driving.  Our son, grandson, and DIL came along and we all piled into the XTerra and headed up to the Whitewater Preserve.  I really needed to get out after being at home for 8 days straight.  I also wanted to see how well I would do walking.  I did fairly well...lost my balance only a couple of times.  I mostly sat at one of the picnic tables...ha!  Anyway, the "cabin" as our grandson called it, is actually the ranger station up there.  There are bighorn sheep AND mountain lions, and the preserve, I believe, is only 1/2 mile from the Pacific Crest Trail, so it gets a lot of foot traffic.  I should have taken photos of the rangers' trucks...maybe next time.  Anyway, the grandson had a blast.  I only took a couple of photos of the ranger station, as he was more interested in the fish in the holding ponds!  WWDD for Monday, December 16, 2013.  Photos are outside and inside the rangers' station.  To visit WWDD and see the snowfall in Israel, please go to:  http://iwishiwereaphotographer.blogspot.com/

3 comments:

  1. Rangers look to be living large. Scenic photo impressive. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This Ranger could easily live in that 'cabin'. Sounds like you're on the mend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you're up and about, at least a little! That ranger station is gorgeous... I'm a little worried about the lions and the sheep, though! That sounds like it could be either a big mess, or a sign of true peace on Earth :)

    ReplyDelete