The Dancer

The Dancer
Graceful dead tree up above Deep Canyon.

Friday, December 20, 2013

Ranch, fence, and clouds~SkyWatch Friday ~122013

I often see more clouds up at the horse ranch, since it is at 4,000 feet and therefore 3,800 feet higher than our desert home.  And, on this morning, the clouds were swirling.  The neighbor has an apple farm, and that's his barbed wire fence.  They probably got snow last night, since the forecast was for snow down to about 3,500 feet, so I'll have to email the ranch owner and ask her if they did.  It's still too dark to even go outside yet this morning, but I'll take my camera with me today and hopefully get some new photos of our mountains and their snow!  SWF  for December 20, 2013...last day of school before WINTER BREAK!!! :-)  To visit SkyWatch Friday, please go to:   http://skyley.blogspot.com/

7 comments:

  1. What an unusual formation -- it reminds me of a gigantic wave. Great catch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. amazing cloud movement! and great contrast: the barbed wire and the free sky.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an interesting sky. Sure looks like snow clouds to me.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing! It does look like a huge wave!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! That is a beautiful and kind of scary looking sky. Really nice photo!

    ReplyDelete