COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Another DEADLY crash on Highway 74...sigh...

Yes, it has happened AGAIN.  This is the 3rd deadly accident on Highway 74 this year.  I came across it early this morning as I was on my way up the mountain.  It happened probably 7 minutes before I came around the corner.  There he was, lying motionless in the road...the motorcyclist was dead.  A silver Toyota Rav was involved.  It was obviously the motorcyclist did not survive the crash.

http://www.kesq.com/news/deadly-crash-reminder-to-be-safe-on-highway-74/27565742

I stopped and asked if the Toyota Rav4 people were able to call out for help.  They said yes.  Soon, I could hear the wailing of a fire truck coming from Palm Desert and I passed one coming down from Pinyon.

Another life lost to the highway.  I was very shaken by this.  Apparently the Toyota drifted over the double yellow line, coming down the mountain, and was going TOO DARN FAST.  I've been almost nailed once and that was enough for me.  I now drive defensively both up and down.  I do not hurry.  I am aware of other cars near me.

RIP...

1 comment:

  1. That is a shame.
    I used to live in Elsinore and Wildomar and spent a lot of time on the other end of the 74 (Ortega Hwy) and so many people died on that section also.

    ReplyDelete