COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

We are at the cabin and we are critterless!

We're staying a couple of nights in the same cabin we rented last summer up on the Mogollon Rim.  We invited our son and his family to come join us and it is exhausting trying to keep up with the demands of a 5 year old!  Phew!

Last summer we had squirrels and jays galore up here.  This summer, however, I've only seen 1 crow and 1 squirrel.

WHAT HAPPENED?

Is it the drought?  Have the birds all migrated?  I have heard some woodpeckers, but I haven't SEEN them.  There are cottontails up here, however.  NO footprints down in the wash behind the cabin.  Last summer I spotted raccoon prints.  NADA this summer.

There are also NO wild sunflowers just down at the end of the row of cabins.  NONE.  Zilch.  Last summer, the national forest was overflowing with them.  I took tons of photos of them...this summer, not ONE sunflower.

Alas, it is very disappointing...

I did, however, hear the coyotes and cattle this morning at 5:30 a.m....still, I'm wondering where the rest of the wildlife has gone.

Here's the link to my squirrel post from last summer.  How different a year can be!
http://rav4adventures.blogspot.com/2013/08/more-squirrel-antics.html

No comments:

Post a Comment