Yesterday morning hubby and I drove down to Indio to a wholesale nursery. It's open to the public only on Saturday mornings from 6:30 to noon, so we got down there about 7:30 to take a look. The place is HUGE! I never knew it was there, but our son buys his trees and shrubs there. I could hear a hawk up high in their cottonwood tree, but I couldn't see it.
We came home, ate lunch, and took a LONG afternoon nap. When I awoke at 3:20, one of the hawks was out in the bird bath. I watched it and took a few photos through the front window (sorry for the quality!). It was there for over an hour! At one point, 8 doves came down and were feeding not 10 feet away. It must have been full because all it did was turn its head and stare at them. It finally lazily flew away when I opened the door.
Then, about 15 minutes later, it was back on our front fence! I will be sure to keep the bird bath full of water for our afternoon visitor!

Sweet! A guy that bathes regularly...:)JP
ReplyDeleteI always read your posts but don't comment much. Just wanted you to know I enjoy them all. Thank you! :-)
ReplyDelete