It was a busy day here yesterday. Our daughter, while we were gone, ordered and installed 2 brand new mini-blind sets in our living room, took down the old, faded, plastic long blinds on the west slider, put up curtains that I had, cleaned off my kitchen counters, and ordered a brand new custom metal screen door for the front door! Then, Thursday, she and her neighbor attacked our front yard. They trimmed trees. They CUT DOWN some acacias. I have NO shade at all on the front porch, but it did open it up. Then she completely cleaned off the front porch (NO, she did NOT hose it down!)...she threw away an old chair and table, she threw away old stuff I had piled there, she collected all my recycling cans and bottles, took it to the recycling place, and got $43.00!!! (Which she kept...). Our yard looked completely different when we arrived home!
Unfortunately, we then had to address the issue of our front fence. We have a 70' wooden fence all along the front of the yard and now the city could see all the old, rotten boards, so she and her neighbor came back yesterday. He brought his skill saw and after a trip to Home Depot, the fence is now supported and it has 24 new boards. It looks SUPER! We also raked up all the debris from the front.
Her gardener showed up with his nephew at 7:30 a.m. and went to work cutting down the halfway dead palo verde next to our neighbor's yard and he also removed another small tree. 3 hours later, and after he cleaned up, we have now hired him to come back and trim ALL the remaining trees in the front yard. We'll also have him come once a week for maintenance. He did a super job!
We were all worn out by noon, so after sandwiches, hubby and I were DONE for the day! Our CLEAN porch...we replaced several of the boards in the fence (24 of them). NO trees now by the porch or house, but at least those that were leaning against the porch are now gone. Martin will return next month to build us a new gate. This one is 20 years old! See how CLEAN the yard is! No water wasted either...I swept up the dirt and sawdust.
You have a wonderful daughter to do all that for you. I hope you appreciate her! It looks great although I did not see it before.
ReplyDelete