COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Friday, August 29, 2014

Guess who stopped by for a drink today?

It was 114 here in the desert today.  Tomorrow will be 5 degrees cooler:  109.  I can live with 109.  I can't live with 114.  I stayed home today:  sore throat, dizziness, and I was extremely shaky.  Probably a virus.  Hubby had it too, and he came home early.  Probably something I picked up at school...oh, well...I took 2 naps during the day and I'm feeling better tonight.

Anyway, I got to sit and look out across the front yard.  The hawk came by about noon, took a couple of sips, and stayed for a while.  He returned about 3:00 p.m. and stayed for 1 1/2 hours.  I took some pics of him (not uploaded yet)...He also returned about 6:30 p.m. for another couple of sips.  It was so hot that he was panting (I think...do birds pant?)  Whatever...he had his beak open and he sure was enjoying the bird bath.  I made sure I went out a couple of times and put fresh water in it...nothing but the best here, I tell you!

Isn't he a handsome fellow?

No comments:

Post a Comment