COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Worked on my room yesterday

We all awoke yesterday morning to dust, low clouds, and general CRUD here in the valley.  Apparently monsoon moisture from Arizona drifted our way.  None of us could even see our mountains!  It was horrible.  Once out on the freeway, I did see lots of low lying clouds.  We might even have... RAIN...tomorrow and Thursday (1st day of school).  Wouldn't that be grand?  We ended the last school year with RAIN and we start this one with RAIN!  :-)  We sure do need all the rain we can get!

I arranged desks, plotted out my teacher's desk, put up bulletin boards, and was done by 1:00 yesterday.  Phew!  That was a LOT of work, especially going up and down a chair to do bulletin boards! My back was sore.  Remember, I have 2 injured discs and permanent nerve damage in my legs, so I have to be CAREFUL going up and down chairs!  At least it is DONE for the year!!!  :-)

Didn't see the hawk at the bird bath yesterday, although I did spot him (her?) up on the telephone pole in our back yard early in the morning...apparently it is out hunting.

Two more days of teacher prep and the kiddos come on Thursday & Friday.  Then, a full week next week, then Labor Day.

Photo is of my mustang mare, Scout.  She sure is adorable!


2 comments:

  1. I hope you have a very good school year and you don't have any health problems that cause problems. I hope your kids love to learn and get along.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's to a class full of bright and interested students this year. You've earned it! Some rain would be nice. I don't remember the last time it rained here.

    ReplyDelete