I was on my YouTube channel last week and I realized that I had NOT made a video in... 6 years! Wow! Where did the time go?
Well, in that time, I lost my beautiful mare, Beauty, to a stupid, freak corral accident. I went up to the ranch one Saturday morning and she was lying down. She would always call to me from her corral. As I drove in the driveway, she didn't move. I felt it in the pit of my stomach...I knew she was dead. She was. She apparently got down to roll, hit her head on the metal railing, and that was it. Gone. Gone forever. I quit making videos of my horses after that (they are all on my YouTube channel)...Then I lost Cali in December of 2013 to colic and a twisted intestine. OYE! Both of my "pocket ponies" were gone. In August of 2009, another blogger paid for Quad's transport to the ranch. Someday I'll do a video about Quad.
But, in the meantime, I wanted to practice, so I did this one last night of our Eastern Sierra Nevada trips in June of 2011. This was the year of the 120% Sierra snowpack. Even in June, the high passes weren't open yet! Snow was piled 10 feet up by Yosemite. We loved it and here are some of the photos. I took all of them except the last 7, which my husband took. If I were to go through his photos, you would see a big difference! He always shoots in thirds, he thinks about the composition, whereas I just basically point and shoot. He is the real artist!
Anyway, please do stop by and view it and leave a comment.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BbFRelwx95A
No comments:
Post a Comment