We are OUT of the triple digit temps starting... TODAY! Phew! FINALLY~! And, our nights have cooled down...FALL IS HERE! I love sitting in my office and, in the afternoon, looking out and seeing the beautiful autumn shade of sunlight. It's that nice, golden color! :-)
WE MADE IT THROUGH THE SUMMER! We even left the air conditioner OFF last night!
I had to pick up the granddaughter Wednesday since her mother had an after-school band activity. We went to the park to "see the ducks". Oh, and to see the waterfall. Finally, to play on the slide! It was a busy and exciting afternoon for both of us (and 102 degrees...sigh...). However, we didn't let the heat deter our quest to run up the plastic rock climbing wall (for the little kids) and trips UP and DOWN the stairs to the slide! I tell you...those little legs of hers sure can MOVE! She got to play with an older girl and a younger child while at the park. THEN we went to Whole Foods (she was starving!) She grabbed her little shopping bag (she goes shopping with mommie) and we hit the produce isle there where she pointed out the various fruits. I took her over to the salad bar and she got grapes, strawberries, pineapple, and mandarin orange slices. She had quite a feast! (and water, too!). We sat outside and mommie joined us and hubby came over, too, so we all had dinner there. I really do enjoy their turkey burgers!
So the 2 year old and the 63 year old (me!) had QUITE an afternoon and, boy, did I sleep soundly that night! :-)


Oh..fun post to read - i use to do that with my grandkids but sadly I don't seem them enough now a days as they live too far. Glad you enjoyed a delightful day with that cutie.
ReplyDelete