COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, October 28, 2015

Deep Canyon

Yesterday afternoon, after a stressful day at school, I decided to sit down and make another video.  It takes time to gather the photos, so off to my external hard drive I went.  Let's face it...it's 3 days before Halloween, a full moon is rising, and it is Red Ribbon Week.  The kids are higher than kites!

I found these photos in one of the folders from 2011.  That was the last year of a good snowfall.  Our Santa Rosa mountains haven't had a decent-sized snowfall since then.  They have had a dusting of snow already this year, however, and we are ALL hoping for snow this winter.

I also posted a link to the newest video...this one is just on Deep Canyon with snow.
       https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6LEHieFhuo

And, here are some of the photos that didn't make it to the video.  I really had to shorten up the photos, as the music is only a minute and a half!

 Looking across the Coachella Valley to Joshua Tree National Park.
 This view is from Vista Point, looking down into the tip of the Salton Sea.
 After the storm...rivers of water left this design behind.
 Native plants were covered with snow.  I drove up there the morning AFTER the storm!
 See the snow on the road?  Lots of people were driving down from Pinyon and Idyllwild that morning.
 Snow on the rocks...

Another view of Highway 74.

1 comment:

  1. You left a comment about my baby rattlesnake and I came over to see just who you are. Well you live in one of my favorite areas of the state. You now have a new follower. I hope to be heading for Anza Borrego soon (my even more favorite State Park) but it depends on how Sinbad does. He's getting older and taking road trips may be a bit much for him these days. We'll see.

    ReplyDelete