COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, March 19, 2017

A few wildflowers here too

I drove up to my horses Friday to check on them and buy 5 bags of pellets.  They get these every day for their noon meal and I provide (buy) them so my board doesn't increase!  Remember, I'm on a fixed income now!

We had driven that same road Sunday, but honestly, I drove so fast I didn't have time to admire the wildflowers.  Friday, however, I had the time.  I made quite a few stops along the way!  There were a few cars pulled over, too, at the turnouts and folks were out taking photos.  We just are NOT going to make it to Anza-Borrego.  First, my car needs new back brakes ($300).  Hubby's car needs new front brakes. And, I need to take the weeder to the back yard because the grasses are growing and now they are 12" high!  If I don't do that soon, they will be impossible to get through!  We apparently have some rain coming through Monday/Tuesday/Wednesday next week, so I better get on those weeds today!

Here are a few of the photos I took Friday of the wildflowers.  Some hillsides were just COVERED by the little purple ones!  I honestly do NOT remember a year when we have had so many wildflowers on the hills south of Palm Desert!!!









1 comment:

  1. Lots of beautiful flowers. Glad you slowed down and enjoyed them. You might want to visit Al's post today. Looks like a real crowd at Borrego Springs right now.

    ReplyDelete