COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, March 15, 2017

I'm going to be a grandma again!

Yesterday we drove to our son's house in Temecula so that his wife could go to a doctor's appointment.  Yes, THAT kind of appointment.  She's 3 months along...

This will be #3 for them.  This will be #5 grandchild for us...

Anyway, we got to babysit the 27 month old.  Let's just say she's a challenge.  We sat and did some art work on a big piece of cardstock I brought and I put stickers on it, but then she wanted her momma and burst into tears.  REAL TEARS!  And screams!  OY!  My ears hurt!

So, I decided it was time for a walk.  However, SHE decided she didn't wanna go.  She was kicking and screaming as I attempted to install her in her car thingie walker.  Okay.  Plan B...I tried to reason with her.  That did seem to work.

An hour later, I was nearly suffering from heat stroke.  It was 90 degrees there and I walked all the way down to the far park and stuck her in a swing.  BIG MISTAKE.  She didn't want to get out.  I told her 3x that Grandma was MELTING and I needed to get out of the sun!  (I've had skin cancer twice now...)  No effect.  She didn't care.  SHE wanted to swing!

I finally just grabbed her out of the swing and stuck her in her car thing.  And, off we went.  I was seeing spots about halfway back to their house and I drank 2 huge glasses of water once we got there.  AND, that afternoon I took a 2 hour nap.

We had dinner and left and got home at 7:30 or so.  I always have conflicting thoughts about driving over the mountain at night.  On one hand, seeing all the lights in the desert is a beautiful sight.  On the other hand, I'm always scared a deer or a bighorn sheep will venture out onto the road.

But, we made it home okay and I woke up at 5:30 this morning ready to go to the farmers' market.

~Cheers~
Cheryl Ann

3 comments:

  1. Congratulations. .
    Love grandbabies!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on number 5. We only have four and the door is closed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats to your family on the future birth! Oh yeah, those little ones can run you ragged. If they are the stubborn type, we don't have a chance. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete