Anyway, I haven't been sitting at home doing nothing. I've discovered the way to glue photos to canvas and I'm having SO MUCH FUN doing this! Michaels is now my new BFF. They are only a block away from our home and if you go in there, save your receipt, go home and take their survey, you get a code for 25% off. Right now they are giving 40% off one item coupons, too!
I've watched countless YOUTUBE videos on this process and I've visited a LOT of websites, so I decided to jump right in. I bought paint, brushes, a sponge, various sizes of canvas (I use 5 x 7 and some 8 x10 ones). I have white ones and black ones. I bought Mod Podge and learned how to use it. I even put some lacy stuff on one photo and canvas! I have a page of piano music that I had to buy a 12 x 19 inch canvas and I'm still trying to decide what to do with it.
Anyway, here are some of the results...
These two are from the Aguanga metal sculpture garden.
Deep Canyon, a dead pinyon, and Convict Lake, Sierra Nevada
I have 12 done so far. I just sent over an order to COSTCO for more prints, because I'm basically out of them! I do each canvas individually. Sometimes I paint the white ones black or brown (as you can see), but on the small ones, I just glued and sealed the photos to a black canvas. It depends on the colors in the photos. Don't they look so much more interesting than just plain photos? I have some blue, purple, and dark green I want to try out, but I'll have to wait for the next batch of photos.
They are listed here on my ETSY shop, so PLEASE DO VISIT!
Please let me know what you think. I did the brush strokes and left some of the canvas to give them a more rustic look. Believe me, I spend HOURS walking around Hobby Lobby. The store manager now knows me and always comes over to see what project(s) I'm working on! Yes, we have a Hobby Lobby in Rancho Mirage...hubby doesn't know I go there, so please don't tell him!!!***It's our "little secret"! They DO have a lot of stuff there and they do carry some items that Michaels doesn't carry...(that's my story and I'm sticking to it!)
Comments/ideas/suggestions are WELCOME! The thing I like about the canvas is that you can easily attach it to a wall. I'm thinking about painting one wall in the living room BLACK and putting these up there. I haven't had any sales YET on ETSY, so I might just do that.




Wow, you have been busy! These look great. I'm going to have to do a little research to she what the process is... you've got me interested!
ReplyDeleteNeat way to present photographs! I will have to try that.
ReplyDelete