COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Wednesday, March 8, 2017

Slowing down?

Hubby is now into week 2 of his back issue.  My weeks now consist of taking him to the chiropractor 2x a week and then picking up the grandkids at least once a week, usually Wednesday.
Things have definitely slowed down.

He sits in his chair ALL DAY.  He only gets up to (1) go to the bathroom, (2) get coffee, (3) fix a cheese sandwich for lunch.  That's IT.

He DID get in his car and drive to the store two days ago.  I was shocked.  I didn't think he could do it.  I guess when hunger is involved, he can drive!  I was too exhausted from our day trip to Temecula Sunday, which is 90 minutes each way. And, it is over curvy mountain roads.

So, I pretty much just stay home, tend to my garden, feed the birds (I went to COSTCO yesterday and bought 4 bags of seed), play with the dog, read a few blogs, maybe do some housework, or read a book.  That's it.

Do I regret retiring?  NOT ON YOUR LIFE!  I'm LOVING it!  Physically, there was NO WAY I could have completed this year.  I'm slowing down, too.

And, now for some photos from the archives!  Wildflowers from this time last year...




No comments:

Post a Comment