COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Thursday, March 30, 2017

Whitewater Preserve

Hubby and I had talked about driving out to the Whitewater Preserve and when I saw someone post a photo of the hills there on Facebook, off we went on Tuesday!  No more sitting around the house!  NO SIRREE!

Once I saw the photo of the hills alive with brittlebrush, I knew we would be in for a treat.  Hubby has been going up there since he was in high school, at Palm Springs High, in 1968.  He says he has NEVER seen the hills so yellow!

There were flowers EVERYWHERE!  Here are some examples.  Car after car after car drove up the road, so I knew the preserve would be packed, and it was.  I was only able to find a spot because someone pulled out right in front of me and we got a parking spot in the shade!

I'll let you explore now and I'll be quiet...



 That's the north face of Mt. San Jacinto
 I liked this gate...
 Even the cacti are blooming now!
 This is the runoff from the Whitewater River.  YES, there is an actual river there.
 Truck and car crossing the river ahead of us.  Don't be fooled...that water is MOVING!!!  I saw rocks behind carried down it.  On rainy days, the preserve is closed because this part is impassable.
 Lizards were out all over the place!  This guy was doing pushups.
 My newest friend...
Pretty view of Mt. San Jacinto from the road to the Whitewater Preserve

1 comment:

  1. I'm SO glad you were able to make the visit to Whitewater and share this post! I was dying to go there and just didn't have the time, but super-curious to know what it looks like. Now I know... gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete