COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Sunday, March 26, 2017

Ripley

Hubby had a stomach virus, I had one, and yesterday Ripley had one.  She had a rough 24 hours. I don't want to go into all the details, but I'm going to have to rent a carpet shampooer from WalMart.

Poor thing.  I gave her a beef bone 2 days ago and noticed she was eating a LOT of grass.  Then the gas started.  OY!  She went downhill from there.  I've tried to get her outside every 2 hours, but she did have some accidents in the house.

She slept from midnight until 6 am this morning and woke up to her usual bright & cheery self!  All smiles!  I fixed her some rice, apples, yogurt, and a couple of eggs.  She ate all the eggs and picked around the apples.  Didn't touch the yogurt.  She wants her raw chicken bones, but I'm withholding them for a day to allow her stomach to rest.  She IS hungry.  She just isn't eating much.  That's okay. She needs to rest.

Phew!

That really scared me.  She's 9 1/2 years old (she'll be 10 in September), but she's still active for her age.  I hope she gets over this today.  Seems like we've ALL had a 24 hour bug!

Please send a little prayer for her recovery.

3 comments:

  1. Terrible having stomach viruses. I haven't had one in years, knock on wood. Hope Ripley gets well. She's getting into her senior years and any kind of sickness is not a good thing. I'm sure you two will live.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate when that happens. I'm reading backwards to catch up, so I know Ripley is feeling better. Hope you are as well.

    ReplyDelete