COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 11, 2017

May TIMESHARE!!!!!

One of my colleagues at school who retired last June has a timeshare for the entire month of May and she has invited me to come down and enjoy it.

I CERTAINLY WILL!

It's down in the Lawrence Welk resort, off Gopher Canyon Road.  Now, that brings back memories.  My parents' horse ranch was off Gopher Canyon Road, but on the west side of the freeway.  They owned it for about 12 years and we would go down there on weekends.  I remember taking my sleeping bag and sleeping on the floor in the 2nd bedroom.  I always LOVED that ranch!  (We never had horses there, of course)!  To this day, I always remember that kitchen with its country themed cupboard doors!

There was a water reservoir at the top of the hill there and ...shudder...I remember my dad going up there with his .22 and bringing back 6' long rattlesnakes and warning me to be careful as I ran around all 10 acres of the ranch.  I never saw one.  However, while riding horses a couple of times (the neighbors' horses), I did see one.  Go figure.

Anyway, I digress...

So, I'll be able to go down there (WITHOUT HUBBY!!!!  :-)) and visit my friend and do some day trips.  I'm planning on going down maybe twice and mid week.  That way her daughter and son-in-law can come down on the weekends.  AND, then I can stay in Temecula for a night and visit our son and his family!  A double bonus!  Hubby can stay home with the dog.

Then...MAYBE (I'm keeping my fingers crossed) hubby and I can plan a trip to the Sierra in June.  With all the snow this year, we don't want to go any earlier.  Of course, we would take the dog with us!

Ripley...she has to go with us.  We can't leave her home alone.  She has separation anxiety and she's old (she'll be 10 in October).  She just sleeps all day in the car anyway...

2 comments:

  1. You had better GO! Sounds exciting. Hope nothing causes it to fall through for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like something you want, and NEED to do! Enjoy! Ripley may be old, but she is still a beauty!

    ReplyDelete