COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, March 11, 2017

THE NEWS

My husband is a news junkie.  He was a journalism minor in college and was the first PAID intern at the Press Enterprise in Riverside.  His college advisor became the major of Riverside.  His uncle was a member of the Pennsylvania legislature and from the time he was 4, he listened to his uncle and his uncle's friends discuss politics.  He remembers them offering him a swig of brandy at a very young age!  In fact, we drove to Pennsylvania right after we were married back in 1972 because hubby had a summer job with the legislature there.  Turns out, I was so miserable and we couldn't find any decent housing, so we came home.

ANYWAY...

He watches TV 16 hours... A DAY!  From about 8 a.m. until midnight (or later).  He watches MSNBC or CNN all day, then turns on MSNBC for the evening shows...Chris Matthews, Chris Hayes, Rachel Maddow, Lawrence O'Donnell, and then the 11th Hour with Brian Williams.  Sometimes I even catch him watching them THE SECOND TIME AROUND!

OY!

Sometimes I pull out my hair and just go outside and feed the birds.  Other times I get in my car and go for a drive.  He is ESPECIALLY tuned in now that his back hurts (week 2).  I just drove him back to the chiropractor on Friday for another tweek and twist and pull.  He told me his back cracked and something popped down at the base of his spine.  He IS getting better, but at his age (67), it takes time.

In the meantime, we haven't driven anywhere except Temecula for over a month now.  The wildflowers are at their peak and we are sitting at home....sigh...Waterfalls are running in the Indian Canyons and we are sitting at home.  Between his chiropractic appointsments and babysitting the grandkids on Wednesdays, we only have a couple of times each week to actually go anywhere and lately he's been too tired to go ANYWHERE.

Ugh.

I guess I'll clean up my office today.  Actually, I need to get up to the horses this weekend and brush them all.

3 comments:

  1. Now that is a lot of TV news watching alright and I know TV habits can be irritating. Kelly has her night time TV shows so that's when I spend my time in our sunroom working on my blog or reading. In the Motorhome when we didn't have the luxury of individual space I would put my music head phones on so I wouldn't have to listen to those night time TV shows!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hardly watch any TV on the road. Read the news on the Internet occasionally, but that's it. Sorry you are stuck at home.

    Too bad you can't just leave the spouse and home and go, but I know that is hard to do. Especially now, when his back is hurting. Hope it gets better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never been a news watcher, except for bits and pieces. There is much scary and negative stuff on the news currently, that I pretty much avoid it.

    ReplyDelete