COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, March 28, 2017

The hills are ALIVE with flowers!

We've lived here in the desert now for 42 years.  Hubby grew up here from age 14.  That means he's lived here 53 years.  He says he doesn't remember seeing so many flowers as what we have this spring.  Of course, some years he wasn't really paying attention...

Anyway, last Sunday, when I went up Highway 74 to go visit my horses in Anza, I was amazed by the beauty of the brittlebrush (yellow flowers) and the smaller desert marguerites.  The hills were ALIVE!

I wasn't the only car who pulled over to take photos either!  Almost EVERY turnout had a car in it both going up the mountain and back down!  In fact, the larger ones had 2 or 3 cars!

Here are some samples of what I saw on Sunday:








I took this photo to show what the road looked like.  I've NEVER seen so much color!

Today we made it to the Whitewater Preserve and then hubby suggested we drive to Oak Glen for lunch.  I'll be posting those photos later.

3 comments: