COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Monday, March 27, 2017

Ripley update and horse update

Well, Ripley is back to normal.  Phew!  That sure scared me.  Even hubby was scared.  We weren't sure she would survive the day.  It was THAT BAD!

I knew she was okay yesterday morning when she bounded out of the bedroom, ran to the fridge, and sat, waiting for her breakfast.  Instead, I gave her cottage cheese, yogurt, 2 cooked eggs, a drip of honey, and some rice.  She gets a little yogurt and apples every morning too. She didn't eat everything all at once, but it was completely gone an hour later.  And, her energy level returned.

So, I felt okay about leaving her with hubby while I made a quick trip up to the horses.  The shoer was there and I needed to pay him.  He sings and talks softly to the horses and they all just relax for him, even my skittish gelding, Sunni.  I also needed to brush, brush, brush the horses, so while the owner's horses were getting their feet trimmed, I was able to brush 3 of mine.  And, OH MY!  The hair!  It's a good thing I'm not allergic to horse hair!  It was swirling and whirling all around me!  It was blowing all over their corrals, too, and by the end of my time there, a raven was busy in Quad's corral picking up all his hair and stuffing it into his mouth!  I guess some new ravens are on the way!

The only horse I didn't brush was Sunni because the shoer was right across from him and I didn't want Sunni to spook and then scare the horse he was working on.  Scout stood quietly and "allowed" me to brush her!  GOOD GIRL!  I had to chase Gigondas around her pen.  She doesn't stand still quietly.  AND, she doesn't tolerate human touch for very long either.  And forgetabout touching her head!

Finally, the family next door to the ranch now has 5 dogs!  They have an Australian ridgeback, a German shepherd, and now 2 Pyrenees.  They also have another dog, some kind of hound.  ALL RESCUES!  Quite a noisy bunch!

Well, hubby and I may drive out to the Whitewater Preserve today to see if there are any wildflowers there....(hopefully)...

1 comment:

  1. Brushing that many is a real workout.
    I'm glad that Ripley is okay...

    ReplyDelete