COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Saturday, June 8, 2013

109 here yesterday and Saturday doesn't look much better!

The President is in town.  Yup.  And, he and the Chinese president are staying not more than 4 miles away from our desert home.  It was 109 degrees here yesterday, which I think is something the presidential planners didn't count on.  It will be tough to go out and play a round of golf, since it's already 79 degrees at 4:30 a.m.  "Winter is coming!"...er, uh, no...SUMMER is coming!  And, it looks like a LONG, HOT summer here this year.

I continue to be fascinated with my wildflowers out front.  I water them every day.  I'm staying home today to watch the Belmont Stakes, so I'm hoping to see the hummingbirds that now frequent the garden.  I moved the bird bath closer to a feeder I put out front, too, so hopefully I'll see some birds use the bath.  This is my last weekend before the end of school (THANK GOODNESS!), although I must confess that I will really miss this little group of kids.  I've even offered to move up to 4th grade with them!  I won't know until next Wednesday whether I'll have 3rd or 4th grade next year....so I'm biting my nails.

Okie, dokie then...it will soon be time to feed the birds soon this morning~then I'll start on laundry and other household chores. I'm definitely NOT going out in this heat today!

2 comments:

  1. Gee, and I thought it was hot here in Las Cruces!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That is hot! I guess I'm done in the desert for while.

    ReplyDelete