COPYRIGHT

Copyright 2006 - 2016 by Cheryl Dean. All rights reserved.
Photos may ONLY be used for educational purposes and NO photo may be used without my written consent.

Be sure and visit my ETSY store:
https://www.etsy.com/shop/DesertsandBeyond?ref=pr_shop_more

Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Scrub jay~Wild Bird Wednesday~060513




While I was delighted to see all the blue jays during our weekend in Pine Cove, I was thrilled to be visited daily by a scrub jay.  Scrub jays are smaller than the blue jays, and this guy was also quicker (and I think smarter!).  He was the first to arrive every morning and he was the last out in the afternoon.  We actually had a scrub jay like him in our neighborhood for over 3 years, that is, until a Cooper's hawk took up residence.  I worried about him constantly as he was quite loud, and yup...one day, he was GONE!  I never found his feathers, but I also haven't seen him now for several months.  I know he became a meal for the hawk, just like many of the doves in my front yard.  So, I enjoyed the antics of this fellow and I put peanuts out for him every day.  Wild Bird Wednesday for June 5, 2013.  To visit WBW, please go to:   http://paying-ready-attention-gallery.blogspot.com/2013/06/wild-bird-wednesday-47-silvereye.html

5 comments:

  1. Great photos. I like the way the bird is out in the open on the fence post.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the scrub jays!!! I get to hear them...just don't see them so much...My yard is visited mostly by robins and junco's.... Tho today, it got visited by a bald eagle who went for a chicken for breakfast!
    Tara

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! Scrub jays are so darn smart. It's too bad this guy disappeared.

    ReplyDelete