I ordered a southwest flower mixture of seeds from American Meadows this spring and I raked and threw the seeds out in our front yard, along our eastern fence, which receives late afternoon sun. I have a couple of spots out front, but our "neighbors" to the east send their gardener over ONTO OUR PROPERTY (and without our permission) when we aren't home to spray ROUNDUP on my seeds! They did this one year when I was growing 4 varieties of sunflowers for a science experiment for my third grade students. Needless to say, I was extremely upset! I felt an oily residue on the brown sunflower leaves and asked my other neighbor, a landscaper, if it was ROUNDUP and she confirmed that it was!!!! We've talked to them about trespassing WITHOUT PERMISSION, but they continue to harass us...sigh...so I planted these seeds inside OUR FENCE, not out front by the street. I am enjoying watching this mixture grow. There are zinnias, cosmos, and a few wildflowers whose names are unknown to me. I've seen hummingbirds near the flowers, so I hope they don't decide to spray ROUNDUP over the fence and kill everything! Time will tell...they are very uncooperative and constantly harass us in other ways...So, it's nice to see these flowers! Today's Flowers for Sunday, June 2, 2013. To visit Today's Flowers, please go to: http://flowersfromtoday.blogspot.com/
Wow, I can't believe you have such horrible neighbors. What if you had severe allergies/reactions to what the gardener was spraying? People never cease to amaze me...
ReplyDeleteOh dear, how awful for you. This sounds like a horrible situation and I do hope you've seen the last of such destructive behavior. Good luck!
ReplyDeleteYour cosmo photos are lovely. Thank you very much for sharing them with Today's Flowers.
Denise
Today’s Flowers
An English Girl Rambles
Beautiful cosmos. Sorry for the late visit. Hope you'd find time to visit my Duranta Repens.
ReplyDeleteThat really sucks! How about getting a restraining order on them?
ReplyDelete