So yesterday we had lunch at the Silver Lake Cafe. There's also a general store there so that the fishing folks can get supplies and groceries. The cafe has great food and all the locals go there to eat, so if you are ever in Silver Lake, be sure you stop in for breakfast or lunch. They do close at 2:00 p.m., however. Then, on up to Lee Vining for a visit at the rug store. Hubby had purchased a pullover which was missized, so he wanted to return it. Then, on to Bodie. Bodie is an old, abandoned mining town and it is 13 miles off Highway 395. The last 4 miles are a VERY ROUGH and dusty dirt road. And, it was very windy yesterday, making the dust all that much worse. And, the state of California has raised the park's fees. It is now $7.00 per person and their guide book is another $2.00, so we got in for $16.00 yesterday. We arrived at 3:00 p.m. and were done by 4:15. There were thunderheads developing overhead, but the afternoon turned into a gray day, with almost too many clouds. For once, the park wasn't overflowing with crowds and for the first time, we were able to photograph the buildings without people in the way! :-) I'm glad we visited Bodie again (it is a California state park).
Enjoyed your pictures. I've wanted to go to Bodie but the rough road deters me. Don't have a vehicle I would want to take on a really rough road, so I'll just enjoy your photos!
ReplyDeleteA great tour of Bodie, Cheryl Ann! Thanks for this great post.
ReplyDeleteWow! I REALLY need to get up there. Fantastic photos! It's nice that you did't have to fight people to get a clear shot.
ReplyDelete