Hubby and I went to pick up groceries for a couple days yesterday and it turned into a 2 1/2 hour drive to Show Low. I didn't take many pics along the way, so these are from Monday.The clouds gathered again and we had another thunderstorm yesterday afternoon. It blew in, thundered, rained a little, and moved out. That was fortunate because at 2:30 last night, we toddled outdoors in the dark (with a flashlight) to watch the meteor shower. We saw quite a few...big ones, little ones, sideways ones. It was worth it! And, we saw the Milky Way, which we cannot see at all from our home in the desert. So, anyway, here are some of the pics I took yesterday morning.
So cool that you got to see some meteors. I tried viewing in Joshua Tree last weekend, but only saw a couple (then again, I wasn't willing to get up at 3 AM which probably explains why I didn't see very many!).
ReplyDeleteGood for you guys in getting up & getting out to see that meteorite shower. We are surrounded by pine trees & I really miss seeing the summer night sky. When you are looking at the southern end of the Milky Way you are looking towards the center of our Universe. Some great star clusters in that area.
ReplyDeleteI got up to see the meteors, but all I saw was how socked in we were by the marine layer.
ReplyDeleteNice pics!
I got up to see the meteors, but all I saw was how socked in we were by the marine layer.
ReplyDeleteNice pics!