Today will be out 4th day in a row for thunderstorms. Yesterday it was perfectly clear when I drove to school. By the end of the day, there was a horrific dust storm and the western sky was dark (again)...As I drove home, I took out my little Nikon Coolpix for some photos. Our mountains and canyons are already saturated and I honestly don't know how much more we can take here. Roads in Palm Springs are now closed every day...Golf Club, Indian Canyon, Gene Autry. The Indian canyons are CLOSED until further notice (they were right below the big fire last summer). People have videotaped debris coming down the mountains from the fire zone in washes, including huge palm trees being carried by the flood waters.
My daughter and I are driving to Palm Springs this morning for the certified organic farmer's market on Pavillion Way. I can't wait to go there and buy some fresh organic vegetables. COSTCO has a Vitamix blender/juicer/smoothie maker in stock and I think I'm going to buy it today. Since I attended classes over the summer, I got an extra paycheck and it will take my whole paycheck, but if it helps me to improve my overall health (which right now is pretty crummy), I'll buy it and start making green smoothies. Does anybody have a juicer/blender? Any advice?
Hi Cheryl - watching the news I know you all have really been getting the rain that seems to pass us by here in Wrightwood. We had one or two small thunderstorms with lightning and a little rain during all these weeks. It either hits the high deserts out here or travels your way.
ReplyDeleteBy the way I had a Vitamix for years - bought one at the fair when my kids were still living at home - we loved it. Somehow I wore out the motor and didn't get it repaired - wish I had.
Looks like what I saw all day.
ReplyDelete